The 6 Secrets Every Supervisor Needs to Know
Friday, August 5, 2022 | 1:00 PM ET
No one is born knowing how to be a supervisor, but it is a skill you can definitely learn
No one is born knowing how to be a supervisor. And no other job can prepare you for this challenging assignment. Now, you not only have to worry about your performance, you have to worry about how others perform, too.
Your employees are judged by the quality of the work they do. But as a manager, you’ve got to do more. Truly great managers are judged by the work of their teams.
To help you master the “secrets” of successful managers, we’ve teamed up with management coach Marie McIntyre, Ph.D., to bring you a foundational training on how to be an effective supervisor. In this webinar, we will explore six strategies for bringing out the “SUPER” in every supervisor. These leadership techniques will help to increase your credibility with employees and approach your management role with confidence.
Agenda for The 6 Secrets Every Supervisor Needs to Know
- Why you can’t be both a buddy and a boss
- Getting comfortable with the power of your position
- Understanding the difference between leadership & management
- 5 distinct leadership styles: Identifying your personal strengths & weaknesses
- Why successful managers make 360° communication their top priority
- The critical importance of building a strong partnership with your boss
- What it means to be an effective “linking pin” in your organization
- How to be a good role model: Recognizing the impact of “leadership messages”
- 6 specific strategies for motivating different types of employees
- The Performance Management Cycle: How to become a coach instead of a critic
- Using a 10-step “coaching road map” for successful performance discussions
- How to respond to employee complaints without arguing or agreeing
- Avoiding the 7 “trouble traits” that can derail your management career
Get a whole year of webinars for one low price
We will produce about 200 webinars in the next 12 months. If you were to attend all of them, you’d pay a total of $39,400.00 in tuition. But your webinar Training Pass gets you access to all these events for a small fraction of the regular per-event price. Save 90% on a complete year of training webinars! Access over 200 expert-led training sessions … for just $1,599. Train everyone in your organization for one low price.
Get answers to all your questions
Marie McIntyre is a workplace psychologist who operates an international career coaching business, Your Office Coach. Previously, Marie held management positions in both business and government, including Director of Human Resources in a Fortune 500 company. As a consultant, she has worked with a wide variety of organizations, including Cisco, The Home Depot, AT&T, Walgreens, Lockheed Martin, and the CDC.
Free! Just for you when you sign up:
The Manager’s Handbook: 104 Solutions to Your Everyday Workplace Problems
Everyone who signs up will receive a downloadable copy of The Manager’s Handbook: 104 Solutions to Your Everyday Workplace Problems. This comprehensive 198-page reference (a $65.00 value) is filled with practical advice to help managers do their jobs better. No lofty theories or buzzwords. Just concrete tips to help you improve performance, stay out of legal trouble and become an even more valuable member of the management team.
30-Day Free Trial to Managing People at Work
One month of members-only access to Managing People At Work – our comprehensive subscription designed to make you a stronger, better-prepared manager. So that you continue to benefit from Managing People At Work, we’ll continue your access automatically for just $89 per quarter, unless you tell us “no, thanks” – your choice.
We promise you’ll be satisfied.
If The 6 Secrets Every Supervisor Needs to Know fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – every penny you paid – but your course materials and registration bonuses will be yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.